Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113)
Explore all aspects of design for residential interiors with this hands-on, industry driven course. You’ll learn how to make considered creative decisions about colour, fabric, lighting, soft furnishings and space planning.
Our course is designed to push your boundaries and develop your skills, empowering you to tackle our major project – a real residential interior scheme for a real client.
The Certificate IV in Interior Decoration (MSF40113) is a nationally recognised qualification accredited by the Australian Government. You will graduate as a professional Interior Decorator.
Sample board above by SDS graduate Jessica Chorley, elevation drawing by SDS student Anjee Hopton.
What does the course cover?
In this intensive and highly practical course we guide you through the process of creating just the right look and feel for the interior of a home from taking a brief from a client through to presenting a fully resolved interior scheme.
- Design principles and concept development
- Colour theory, interior colour schemes, paint technology and specifications
- Interior decoration styles and trends
- Client liaison and communication
- Sketch drawing, rendering techniques and one and two point perspective
- Interior planning for residential including kitchens, bathrooms, living and outdoor spaces
- Technical drawing and model making
- Furnishing, fabrics, window treatments, furniture, lighting and upholstery
- Interior scheme development
- Sample boards and specifications
- The business of interior design and decoration
Design above by SDS graduate Emma Hodges.